This was just passing through my mind, and I wanted to offer it as encouragement to all who will read it:
2 Peter 1:2-4
Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, according as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who has called us to glory and virtue, through which He has given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, so that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Here’s my paltry attempt at even beginning to understand what that really means:
1. We receive grace and peace on the principle of multiplication through a growing knowledge of God and Jesus.
2. This is the result of His power gives us everything that has anything to do with life and godliness (once again through our knowledge of Him–which give me the idea we really need to get to know Him better).
3. He has set us apart to exemplify glory and virtue.
4. Through Him, who set us apart, we receive EXCEEDING (I love that word) great and precious promises.
5. By these promises, we may receive the Divine nature (HAVE MERCY!).
6. By these promises, we may escape from this world, its corruption (which is ever-increasing through unsanctified desires), and the end result of it (death).
Praise God for the promises of The One who loved us to death, that we may escape death and receive again the sinless nature we lost in Eden!